I will say that in the last three days my skin has been much more oily. I found something on Google which suggests that on Days 3-7 of a fast, fats composed of transformed fatty acids are boken down and converted into glucose. I don’t know what that means. But Google says that as a result the skin may become oily as rancid oils are purged from the body. Hmmm. Okay.
Juice Fast Day 5
On a happer note, on this juice fast, while I lack cravings, I do have desires. Right how, crazy as it may seem, I am desiring cauliflower. Doris Choi on her blog at Fresh Energy Lab has put out a couple of cauliflower recipes that peak my interest including:
- Doris’s Raw Cauliflower Dolmas
- Doris’s Cauliflower Couscous with Capers
- Also, for some time have been desiring to make FullyRawKristina’s Raw Fettucini Alfredo (using cauliflower for “cheese”)
- And also, Doris’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust. Atlanta’s Alonz Bakery has a four cheese pizza with Peccerino, mozzerella, riccata, and gorgonzola with shaved fennel, lemon oil, and oregano. I splurged on on this pre-fast and it was out-of-this-world delicious. I typically do not pine after pizza, but this one? Soooo scrumptious. So I am inspired to make a detox friendly version with Doris’s cauliflower pizza crust topping it with Pecceriono cheese (sheep’s milk) and sheep and goat substitutes for mozzerella, riccata, gorgonzola, cheeses along with the lemon oil, shaved fennel and oregano. Stunning!
As you can tell, I’m starting a list of foods I want to eat. It’s fun because taking a break from food and then thinking about food gives me a chance to prioritize what I eat based on what I actually desire. I do hope and expect that by the time I’m done with this fast at the end of June that I will have a clearer head and simpler life circumstances which will allow me to flow back into my rhythm and grant me focuse to do food shopping and food prep again. I have been out of that rhythm since December of last year (due to an unplanned but necessary kitchen remodel and other crazy sh*t like that).
- 24 oz yummy pink juice: pineapple, lemon, cranberry, ginger
- 56 oz cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, lemon
- 20 oz pineapple, apple, kale, spinach, distilled water, ginger, lemons
- 16 oz cherry juice
- 1 mug veggie broth
- Bee pollen
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 TBS Green Pasture Blue Ice Infused (combination of coconut, fermented cod liver oil, and X-Factor butter)
Metamorphosis Day 12
I started a new Muscular Structure sequence today! It’s for days 11-20. Do note that my numbering of days and the DVD numbering of days will be off and not matching because I am counting the rest days, and the DVDs do not. But oh my goodness, it was crazy harder.
Today’s Routine, 10:00 p.m.:
- 30 minutes Dance Cardio DVD
- 30 minutes Day 11-20 Muscular Structure DVD